A large Canadian midstream oil and gas company was looking for a better way to inspect hazardous zones remotely. Rather than sending workers in PPE into these zones, which has safety implications and significant labor costs, they contacted Osprey for a solution to increase productivity and security at several remote sites.
Osprey deployed a solution for remote hazardous zone inspections, built on its Osprey Reach intelligent visual monitoring platform. The solution included a mix of explosion-proof camera systems, as well as high-resolution cameras located outside the hazardous zones.
Remote operators now use Osprey Reach to:
- Inspect and report on the condition of hazardous zones, including floating tank roofs and compressor stations
- Receive alerts if Osprey’s computer vision detects someone unexpectedly entering a hazardous zone
The solution delivered critical operational benefits, including:
- A 50% reduction in visits to remote compressor sites
- Improved safety and labor efficiency as personnel no longer have to enter the zones for routine inspections
- One-year ROI of 175% based on fewer trips to remote sites and labor savings at staffed sites.
The customer continues to expand its Osprey Reach deployments across its operations.
For more information on how Osprey Reach can help you improve enhance safety, please visit: https://ospreyinformatics.com/osprey-reach.